- CAF 2020 in 10 Minutes
CAF2020 is the fifth version of the Common Assessment Framework, which is a European guide to good governance and excellence in public sector organisations.
What’s new in CAF2020?
The basic structure with 9 criteria and 28 subcriteria has been preserved. The language has been simplified, shortened and is now more concise. CAF2020 has 6 new focus areas:
- Impact of Digitalisation on Public Sector Organisations.
- How to ensure Agility and
- Innovation of public administration?
- Sustainability and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as leading principles of public governance,
- Managing Diversity,
- Collaboration with citizens and civil society.
As a result, there have been significant changes in each individual subcriterion and examples. However, users of previous CAF versions will not find it too difficult to become familiar with the new version; the compatibility with the predecessor, CAF2013, is ensured.
The guiding principles for CAF2020 are the principles and findings from:
- the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations;
- the toolbox – Quality of Public Administration, European Commission, 2018;
- Principles of Public Administration, SIGMA OECD, 2019;
- Embracing Innovation in Governments Global Trends, OECD 2018;
- Observatory of Public Sector Innovation (OPSI), OECD;
- the five principles of the European Ombudsman’s public service: commitment to the European union and its citizens, integrity, objectivity, respect from others and transparency.
Further language versions can be found in Documents.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "CAF2020"
The following 11 pages are in this category, out of 11 total.